does anybody know this guy ?

Youlian Troyanov youlian_troyanov@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:09:02 2001

Old pointer (from 94)

Author: Erik de Haas
Title: Categories for Profit
Abstract
In practise of information systems many new paradigms have emerged in the
last decade. Of these paradigms the 'objects oriented' and 'object based'
are the most prominent. Many of the new languages and tools in practice
involve new and informal notions that often are based on graphical represen-
tations. In this presentation I will present a mathematical structure called
"categorial graph", with wich one can formally describe a number of notions
that became important with the comming of these paradigms. Among others,
these notions are "(complex) objects", "graphically defined types" and
"objectivication". The categorial graphs serve as a language in which one
can reason with the new notions. We give a semantics for the categorial
graphs by translation them into a logic which is tailored for the categorial
graphs. This means that the core of the categorial graphs is an intrinsic
part of the logical language. The logic has a strong connection with arrow
logic.

www.propersolution.nl