"categorical graphs" papers???

Galchin Vasili vngalchin@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 12:33:01 2001

Hello,

   Below was a message posted a couple of days ago. I
have couple questions:

1) The content ....  is it by Youlian or someone else
      this person is quoting?

2) Is "categorical graph" (sounds very intersting) a
     concept that appears widely in the literature?
   If so, what are some paper  references, i.e. papers
    I can download?

Thank you and regards,

Vasili N. Galchin

Message: 1
From: "Youlian Troyanov"
<youlian_troyanov@hotmail.com>
To: tunes@tunes.org
Subject: does anybody know this guy ?
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 23:08:54 -0400

Old pointer (from 94)

Author: Erik de Haas
Title: Categories for Profit
Abstract
In practise of information systems many new paradigms
have emerged in
the
last decade. Of these paradigms the 'objects oriented'
and 'object
based'
are the most prominent. Many of the new languages and
tools in practice
involve new and informal notions that often are based
on graphical
represen-
tations. In this presentation I will present a
mathematical structure
called
"categorial graph", with wich one can formally
describe a number of
notions
that became important with the comming of these
paradigms. Among
others,
these notions are "(complex) objects", "graphically
defined types" and
"objectivication". The categorial graphs serve as a
language in which
one
can reason with the new notions. We give a semantics
for the categorial
graphs by translation them into a logic which is
tailored for the
categorial
graphs. This means that the core of the categorial
graphs is an
intrinsic
part of the logical language. The logic has a strong
connection with
arrow
logic.

www.propersolution.nl