Introducing myself and 2 questions

tunes@millenix.mailshell.com tunes@millenix.mailshell.com
Mon Dec 31 19:10:03 2001

> Talking about skills, im interested in learning programming, and am
> fiddling around with a scripting environment. I try do get a
> program/script which can learn (AI / Self-programming). Also im trying to
> get a conceptual work done, which describes an OS GUI, which centers
> around the user, and not the machine. I saw many OSes which started with
> a kernel (what ever that strange fruit component does, must be an apple
> thing ;-) ) but yours started somewhere between UI and Ass-emabler, which
> grabbed my attention instantly.
> I came to the Tunes homepage over a link from AtheOS, and found the
> ideas and concepts very intresting.  But the information is very...
> well... unorganized (at best) and im rather confused, about where the
> action is at.... shall i subscribe to all of the mailinglists? go to
> irc? use wiki?
> Im wondering if there is any action at all? ive seen the wiki part
> (which is rather small, as far as i saw it) and the mailinglists are not
> very often used, as it seems (ca. 100 kB of posts in this one during the
> month, or so) maybe a holiday-thing, or a sign that the project is very
> new? maybe there is a hidden part on the homepage, where the true action
> is at (and where the plans for world domination are stored *looking
> behind my shoulder*)
>
> short: Im asking for help on how and where to contribute. Also I wan't
> to know if there is any comunication going on at all.

Well, on the down side, there is not much already written on the TUNES website. On the plus side,
there are LOTS of opportunities to contribute, and Faré (the webmaster and founder) is very
flexible about contributions. Feel free to send in just about anything, for anywhere. Also, one
place with a significant amount of content is the review subproject, which has indexed a large
number of operating systems and programming languages. Also, the glossary has a large collection
of computer-science related terms, most of them defined fairly clearly. So, jump in!

Philip Miller

=====
C:\DOS\
C:\DOS\RUN\