quines and turing machines

thomas m farrelly thomasmfarrelly@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:10:33 +0100

hi,

Long time no type! Well, I'm glad to see that you've got traffic. With all
these dead or dying periods that the TUNES project has outlived, and me, I
guess TUNES could be catagorized as immortal:) Progratulations!

And I have a question. What does a quine written on a turing machine look
like? Does anyone have examples? Is it possible to create one that starts
with an empty tape?

About quines: They are quite interesting programs. Legend has it that they
can be written in _any_ programming language. They are programs that produce
their own source code. I know there is a list of examples somewhere on the
internet, but I cant fint it now.

Bye.