whasup

Attila Lendvai (101) 101@inf.bme.hu
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:44:50 +0100 (MET)

> I'm personally very busy with my job. Lee Salzman is busy with school.
> Between us, that's where Slate progress has turned slow.

 :(

> I am unable to upload any of my new material (Squeak code and web pages)
> until a month from now, at which point will begin 3 weeks of vacation when I
> can devote much more time to this work.

  :)

> In a year from now, my currently very restrictive employment will end, and I
> will be applying to several major universities. Money should not be an
> issue, and I intend to start a small business at the R&D stage at that time.
> I am still doing lots of research and learning, but at some point I will
> need to put myself into a formal research environment. At the very least
> this will give me the opportunity to learn to create a proper document or
> exposition of my ideas and the citing of references, etc. which is my
> current major deficiency.

  in one year... i'll just finish my univerity, which means definately
less free time for tunes. since i've read the tunes.org pages my way of
thinking changed a lot about sw development. and as i'm a maximalist
now that i can see how much better it could be then the current java/c++
everywhere way, i can't stand programming in c++ anymore... :|

  but i'd be happy to work on any tunes/slate related eve if it's in c++.
(i know c++ very well, (poor me :))

> No, this project is not dead. Fare and I have had some useful and
> progress-inducing discussions, but obviously a major cornerstone is missing
> for serious development towards Tunes, and we are both working to correct
> this in our own available means.

  good to hear this, keep on!

> Thanks for asking,

  thanks for clarifying,

  - 101.

Technical University  of Budapest	WWW:		   www.inf.bme.hu/~101
 Faculty of Electrical Engineering 	E-Mail:			101@inf.bme.hu
  and  Computer  Science  - Student	BeOS dev. number:		E-3048