Project direction, reviews needed

Tril tril@tunes.org
Thu Jul 12 00:04:02 2001

It seems that even though it is probably pretty clear that no existing
system is capable of hosting or mutating into a tunes-system, the review
project has kind of never taken off much after Fare's initial lists of
systems.  I believe in order for tunes to progress the reviews must go on.

0. Find a list of features that are desired for tunes
1. Examine existing systems (languages being central focus)
2. Categorize the systems by which tunes-features they possess
3. Write recommendations for the systems: How would we change them
   (what is the first step) to make them more tunes-like?
4. Update list of tunes-features and repeat.

I will commit to heading up the review project to make the above steps
easy and to organize the data accumulated.  I have the time.

[Ironically the best system to handle such reviews is a tunes-system
itself.  That is another reason the reviews never got off the ground.
That's because "if we had tunes it would be easier to make tunes."]

The first step is the list of features.  Let's have a brainstorming
session to list features (at any scope) that should be in tunes and that
we can "sift" existing languages or software environments by.

--
Tril 0. Byte <tril@tunes.org> http://tril.tunes.org/
This message is placed in the public domain.