"The Arrow Manifesto: ...." by Zinovy Diskin and Boris Kadish

RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 BRice@vinson.navy.mil
Mon May 21 16:12:01 2001

> Hello Brian,
>
>    Have you read Diskin's and Kadish's papers on CT
> and database theory? Here are a bunch of papers that
> all look pretty germane to what you are doing:
>
> http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/167037.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Vasili N Galchin

Not in a while, but yes I have read them. I checked my hard drive the other
day and have not located a copy, but I can get a new set of copies in about
10 days.

Side note: the Arrow code is due for a big refactoring, since a lot of the
41 classes perform similar functions. A lot of this will involve
meta-programming to some extent. This should make a lot of notably absent
features/semantics available and more natural to express.

Also note that it's not intended for everyone to learn Smalltalk just to
hack with Arrows. Mostly it's only good for small examples right now, and
primarily for explanation purposes. When I am satisfied with the
architecture's semantics, I have code from the QSOUL project and some other
related ones that can be re-used for an interactive evaluator UI.

More later,
~