collaboration

Alexis Read ucapare@ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 13:37:05 2001

Some good stuff here! There are one or two main development threads to
Tunes, from my own perspective I'm looking to unify two languages, Maude
and BOBJ, to give a good mathematical base to work from. Current software
is not good at proving it performs as it should, or adapting its own code
in a clean fashion (eg. in workflow models, auto adaption of existing code
to new drivers), nor preserving all semantic data when manipulating
objects.
Using a good math base, it should be possible to formalise say, xml
metadata, for use by agents ie. pseudo-intelligent code/semantic web
applications. The system would be cleanly extensible as you've then proved
where the system boundaries are.

As such, the code that you're doing is miles further ahead in development
time for me. Some of the other development efforts are along more similar
lines to your own, but I haven't seen much actual code written.

Some good links to the stuff I've mentioned are:
http://maude.csl.sri.com
http://maude.csl.sri.com/mobile-maude
(the intro texts give a good idea of the advantages)

http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/goguen/projs/halg.html
(this page is a good intro for BOBJ advantages)

Any use?
Alexis Read