Introducing myself and 2 questions

Pat Wendorf beholder@unios.dhs.org
Fri Jan 4 21:48:02 2002

Alex wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 January 2002 16:26, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
>
>>Until then I have some additional sugg/qu-estions:
>>
>>since I registered (29th) until now (2th) there where 3 posts in the
>>main mailinglist. As the others seem to have less activity (Didn't sign
>>up, so it's a guess). Why are there even other mailinglists? It's rather
>>strange to me that comunication is scattered on purpous like this, only
>>for subproject's sake.
>>Diffrent maillists only make sens if theres too much happening for one
>>single list IMHO.
>>

> This is what I thought when I came across the Tunes project a couple of weeks
> ago. The mailing lists really should be merged.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Alex

The variety of mailing lists is a throwback from a (better/older) time
when Tunes had many active members, each with a unique idea on how the
future of computers was to unfold.  There was much discussion on the
subject of signal to noise ratio which resulted in splitting some
threads of discussion off into their own mailing list. At least this is
what I remember, please correct me if I'm wrong (which I am most of the
time :)

I agree that the current state of Tunes does not warrant multiple
mailing lists, frankly I'd love to see a bit more noise in here,
hopefully it will produce some "signal".

Anyone working on anything interesting at the moment?

--

Pat Wendorf