Site documentation suggestions

Brian Rice water@tunes.org
Mon Mar 18 12:49:02 2002

--============_-1195637958==_ma============

There's a Bigloo Scheme based document write-up system called Scribe
at http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Scribe/ which outputs modularly
to LaTeX and HTML as well as a couple of other formats, which seems
very expressive and efficient. It allows for CGI form generation, has
an Apache module, and is a full scheme language, so arbitrary
expressions can be used to generate output (for dynamic page
generation). I should also mention that support of continuations is
known to be particularly useful in web-serving, and that some new
Common Lisp tools are emerging which make using that advantage fairly
easy.

Anyway, it's a suggestion I offer for those who have wanted to
improve the web site and it's fairly gross implementation.

Relevantly, Tril is welcome to volunteers (as always) to improve or
maintain the site. I'm frankly really tired of all the weak efforts
by people to improve the site, and am beginning to feel that I should
host the site myself and run things really free-form just to get
*something* to happen. After all, the Swiki that Jecel uses is nicer
than most of the things we have to organize the site. Who agrees?

Thanks,
~

--
--============_-1195637958==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
Scribe at<font face="Gadget" color="#000000">
http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Scribe/</font> which outputs
modularly to LaTeX and HTML as well as a couple of other formats,
which seems very expressive and efficient. It allows for CGI form
generation, has an Apache module, and is a full scheme language, so
arbitrary expressions can be used to generate output (for dynamic page
generation). I should also mention that support of continuations is
known to be particularly useful in web-serving, and that some new
Common Lisp tools are emerging which make using that advantage fairly
easy.</div>
improve the web site and it's fairly gross implementation.</div>
or maintain the site. I'm frankly really tired of all the weak efforts
by people to improve the site, and am beginning to feel that I should
host the site myself and run things really free-form just to get
*something* to happen. After all, the Swiki that Jecel uses is nicer
than most of the things we have to organize the site. Who
agrees?</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>