Introduction

jeremy onedrop@planet-save.com
Fri May 17 09:58:01 2002

Hello all,

I just subscribed to this list. Over the last few months I have read a good portion of the material on the Tunes website and although many of the more technical aspects elude me (I am relatively ignorant of computer science and formal mathematics) the philosophy and social motivations behind the project are right up my alley.

I didn't learn computer programming at a university but at a technical institute, - where the focus was OOP, UML, Java, etc, - and through my own experience tinkering around with Linux. I'm presently working in the computer field but, at the moment, am finding ample time for self-directed study...

My understanding of computer systems and programming is largely philosophical and metaphysical, rather than mathematical in the formal sense of the word, and I am more informed in the realm of yoga philosophy / social evolution than strict computer science. I hope I can still make some kind of valuable contribution to the group. I believe a programming language or a system paradigm reflects its creator's view and understanding of reality, and from my perspective, Tunes is an attempt to manifest, blindly enough, an _integral_ worldview using the medium of information technology.

So, I just wanted to say "hi," and give a bit of background on myself. I'm looking forward to working and learning with the Tunes collective...

-jeremy

Great new service! Redjellyfish Long Distance works just like AT&T, MCI, or any other long distance provider and is very competitively priced. In addition we donate a percentage of our profits to The Nature Conservancy, our statements and phone cards are made of recycled materials, and our website is completely solar powered! To learn more visit: http://www.redjellyfish.com/longdistance