Website

Tom Novelli tnovelli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 13:26:16 PST 2007

No offense taken... I often feel it's a waste of time myself, until I
remind myself that I've been meaning to study up on this stuff (AJAX,
Graph Theory, etc.)  I won't be so busy in a few months, and I'll be
devoting more time to software projects like this, especially if I go
back to school.  I also have a longstanding interest in developing
better document formatting/publishing software... this isn't like my
short-lived interest in Forth :-)

This CMS is intended to be simple and understandable, with only a few
well-supported dependencies (Python 2.5 and SQLite 3), hierarchical
organization, and a spartan markup notation, with hooks for alternate
document formats.  Another requirement is that the markup converter
also be implemented in Javascript.  If absolutely necessary, the CMS
could be rewritten in C.

Now, I searched and asked around a bit, but I couldn't find a
_finished_ CMS to fit that description... if one turns up, let's use
it... otherwise I'd like to offer my own simple CMS and build up a
sizable user community so that it doesn't depend on me for support.
(Although I'd be glad to support it if I can make a decent buck!)

- Tom