A job for volunteers (was: TUNES Update)

Massimo Dentico m.dentico at virgilio.it
Wed Mar 21 07:02:40 PDT 2007

On Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:44 PM
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> ..
>
> I'm not sure there's a common core at the OS level yet
> -- the Windows kernel and all the Unix-alike kernels are
> fundamentally different in a number of non-trivial ways.
> So that's the level where I think there's the greatest
> opportunity for innovation -- a microkernel, if you will,

Please, read here:

  http://tunes.org/wiki/No-Kernel
    (click on "object": nothing to do with OO)

  http://tunes.org/wiki/Microkernel_Debate

  http://tunes.org/wiki/GO%21

  http://tunes.org/wiki/Multipop

  http://tunes.org/wiki/Genera

Hey, this is not his fault, most of the nodes
are hidden somewhere. I'm literally cursing..
I have difficulties to retrieve my own contributions!

This because listings in categories were lost
in translation from Cliki to MediaWiki.

On our old wiki

  http://tunes.org/wiki/Main_Page

if you see something like, for example:

  /("paradigm" :attribute :topic :match :exact)

here

  http://tunes.org/wiki/Programming_Languages

it is a listing of nodes in category "paradigm"
in our old Cliki.

I had started with a manual conversion, some times
ago, but there was a problem, an interference between
categories and redirections (if you come from a redir,
it not shown the listing of nodes in such category
at the bottom of page). So, I gave up.

If someone has suggestions.. please, speak now!

> that can efficiently support Windows and Unix.
>
> ..

ARGH! Both stratification of crap over crap.
I'm dreaming liberation from these nightmares
even before coming to TUNES.

Regards.
--
Massimo Dentico