An idea!

Gaurav Vaidya ggvaidya@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 05:11:30 PST

I've been thinking a bit about object oriented programming languages,
and i've had a few ideas. For example, how about a FULLY object oriented
programming language, some thing like this (using C/C++ comments) :-

use stdio;  // The module "base" is included automatically.

// dosapp would be a class which has all the messages/etc. of
// a dos application. We might have macapp or winapp or unixapp/etc.
program extends dosapp{class; // program is a class
         // the first thing in a block is a number (which has been
         // declared before) which defines WHAT the block is. This
         // block is a class. By default, all blocks are handlers
         init { // automatically called
               public out = super.output;
               out "Hello, World!";
               // sends a message to the output, also our parent
(dosapp's output)
         }
         SIGINT {
               // stuff like this

You get the idea? we could have a class which uses directly calls
interrupts and suchlike.