[unios] Comments on draft

Anders Petersson anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:38:31 +0100

From: Anders Petersson <anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se>

That's a good initiative you took, Pat. Just like what a group like ours
need to keep going.

I think what you present is a step in the right direction. This can be
summed up in the observation that it's closer to my model... you know, I'm
advocating for what I think is the best way to go... my model.

I think we need a kernel, thou, even if small. Put it beside the low level
drivers.

I think you should point out that there can be several layers of objects
before reaching the users. And mark the line between machine dependant code
and machine independant code with a clearly visible line. It's a major
point of our design-to-be.

Other than that... you should know pretty well where I stand, and so know
what I could comment on. Nothing new from my side. :)

binEng