[unios] Re: naming (was something too long to write)

Pieter Dumon Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:35:41 +0100 (MET)

From: Pieter Dumon <Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be>

> From: Anders Petersson <anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se>
>
> >I like the name UniOS as a working name , but I don't like it as a final
> >name. (Sorry Pat) It just sounds to much like UNIX.UniOS should
> >architecturally be different. Not that I dislike UNIX:
>
> Fine for me. The final name can wait.

Ahm, the final name can wait off course... It takes about 5 years
to develop a working OS, and another 5 years to get it pretty powerful and
stable...

> >"Unix is like women, once you tried it, you'r addicted"
>
> I wouldn't be too sure, judging from my own reaction. I'm speaking about
> *Unix*, of course!! :-)

Unix is great. I like text-mode sometimes, but I normally use X (with text
terminals opened off course).  Too many people associate Unix with
text-mode interface. It's just not true. X existed before MS Windows !
(allthough after Aplle)

> Hehe. 'Mos' in Swedish means 'pulp' or 'mash'. :) Hopefully I'll stay away
> from that state.

:-)
I'm not at home in Swedish. Never been in Sweden actually. I know off
course Ducth,French and Engilsh, but my languages don't stretch any
further... Should learn German and Spanish some time.

Pieter

 Pieter.Dumon@rug.ac.be

 http://studwww.rug.ac.be/~pdumon

 ICQ  : 12428974