[unios] Re: an appeal

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:28:54 -0500

From: Pat Wendorf <beholder@ican.net>

> Hi All,
>         recently i have posted some questions to some very old mails ..
>         (cause I am going thru them now..) .. some of us may get intrigued by
>         that ... if you don't like it . please ignore it ..
>
>         Also while going thru some of my posts I got a feeling that some of us
>         may feel the tone of the mails to be rude. Please note that ..
>         rudeness is not at all deliberate .. and I don't mean to offend
>         anyone.  :)
> thanks
> Srikant

I noticed you are very knowledgeable about the inner workings of SRV4 (Solaris in
particular). Maybe you could write up the basics of how Solaris works, so we can
see how it relates to our own designs.

Again I quote from the web page "... a more natural solution can made with the
technology we have now..."  It's not against our project principles to take what
already works well and make something new and better with it.  I'm not saying we
take to kernel, just look into it's IPC and memory management techniques.

--
Pat Wendorf