[unios] Re: self-contained

Anders Petersson anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:46:33 +0100

From: Anders Petersson <anders.petersson@mbox320.swipnet.se>

>From: Tril <dem@tunes.org>
>
>Pat wrote:
>>
>> Total Project Goal:  Self contained objects that can be executed via
>> command interface (TTY, GUI). Containing only the objects they need. (to
>> avoid duplication).
>
>What do you mean, self-contained objects?  What is the opposite of a
>self-contained object?

I think he means that every program is an own object, that holds all its
parts inside itself, in contrast to Windows programs, which seem to prefer
to spread out their files as much as possible.

I agree on what Pat says... except that I think that certain objects
introduced with the program are of general interest and should be
incorporated with the system rather than with the program package.
I guess he thinks so too, he only didn't state it explicitly.

binEng