[unios] UniOS Server

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:04:46 -0500

The school I attend has offered a dedicated Red Hat Linux server
for us (UniOS & Tunes) to use.  I can offer any resource to all
of the UniOS and Tunes members, assuming it is not abused.

The machine specs are:

Red Hat (newest version)
PII-333
128 Megs RAM
6.4 Gig storage
2 Mbps fiber connection (slightly faster than T1, and scalable)

I'm sure this should be reasonable for our needs. And the great
thing is, its free :)

Tril, from the Tunes project has been very kind to share his own
server with us, and I will extend the same invitation to him.
The Tunes servers are located in France and the West Coast of the
US, so this new server should make it a little faster for east
coast people.

The server should be available to myself on Friday of this week,
and hopefully soon after that I can get a domain registration,
and some accounts set up for everyone else (providing you want
one).

I hope everyone is enjoying school life again :)  (those of you
who go to school of course)

--
Pat Wendorf