[unios] IPC

Alan Grimes ogrimes@bellatlantic.net
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:49:47 -0800

Hi, d00dz :)
I'm back again...
If you get this twice I offer my appologies. :|

Okay here's what's up: IPC. I have a multilayered Module system.
I need a method for modules to interact with their parents/children and with
other modules. I need help finishing this aspect of the design so that it is
relatively sane, portable, and not too slow. :P Sorta a mix between OOP and
dynamically linked libraries. For example module A could get the address of a
function in module B and call it. The called function would still be a module A
thread... The function would need to then learn about the instance of module B
it is referring to and where it's data area is, and to trigger a thread in that
module... =)

I realized that I would need to start with a specification before I could code
anything so I'm working on that now. It should be ready after I have worked out
these bugs in the design. :)