[unios] Re: IPC in the current OO model

Tril dem@tunes.org
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:32:00 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Pieter Dumon wrote:

> > There is a third solution, that is used by the TUNES project:
> > Metaprogramming.  To perform an action, the objects are first strongly
> > type-checked, then linked directly together.  Since they have already been
> > typechecked, they can be treated as one composite object.  The
> > specification (we prefer that term to 'code' because a specification is
> > not in ASCII format, but made of objects) for the two together can be
> > optimized.  We believe this solution is both fast AND safe.
>
> It would be safe if it would work.... But it won't.

Why do you think it won't work?  If there is no reason why something won't
work, then I am going to assume that it will until I am proven wrong.
I value your perspective of emphasizing the way things have been done in
the past, but I think to get anything new done, we have to disregard the
limitations of the past.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.