[unios] A radical Idea

Alan Grimes alangrimes@starpower.net
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:53:18 -0700

This is mainly to unios, but also is of intrest to tunes. The others on the list
I hope are still interested in what I have to say.

	Lets see if I can finish this before my machine crashes again. =\
I have been trying to get MP-3s to play under windoze 3.11 They used to work
untill about a week ago but now they just freeze the entire system and start
sounding like a broken record. YUCK! I have been thinking that 'doze will soon
reach the end of the time when even the most simple work can be gotten out of
it. Soon it won't even boot and I will just suddenly disappear form cyberspace
and you'll never see me again... So I gots to wondering. What if *we* I mean
*US* wrote a program, I'm not sure what, that would run on my computer and make
it run like it did back in the good old days... A program that would just load
every day and play MP3s and keep me grinning... Just something simple and
streightforward, nothing fancy. All it would have to do is keep me on the net...
I will call this program an "Operating System". =) Everybody in?

I'll need some proposals about how we should go about writing this miraculous
piece of software and some other pointers about what to put in it but It really
shouldn't be all that hard. =)

--
Pyramid schemes are illegal.
Social Security is a pyramid scheme.