[unios] A society for the masses

Ty Beede bigfoot_sighting@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:34:45 PDT

The only way to truly accomplish what the UniOS would seek to achive is
through a re-thinking of operating systems and the nature of computing.
There seems to be general trend in operating system development to create
and OS which is more well suited for human interaction. An operating system
which provides strength where strength is needed, ease of use where easy of
use is needed and the power to adapt.  There seems to be only one flaw which
I see, it is a daunting task to create an operating system which in itself
is able to fill the role of all these nitches.

I belive the solution is to create a society within the computers, giving
them the power to adapt and fill the roles we choose to nessesitate.  It is
similar in nature to our own evolution. We are driven by the will of
survival.  Our survival is dependent on our ablity to adapt and fill a nitch
in our enviroment.  If we do not then we are not privilaged with the rewards
of our enviroment: natural resources which
enable us to continue living.

The comparison to computers occures when we compare the enviroment we live
in to the abstraction as the computers would see it. Their enviroment would
consist of nothing but there interaction with humans.  They must provide us
with whatever abilty we choose to nesesitate( given it is an achivable goal
to provide them with a flexlible society where we determine the conceptual
characteristics they have the abilty to provide us with the service of: ie
sendmail and another to have them create sendmail baised on a need.  But you
must understand that the evolution will at first be baised on humanity's
ability to provide them with these characteristics and it will evolve into
something where they have the abilty to provide for themselves).  In turn we
provide them with the electricity they require to continue fuctionality.
This being directly compared to our own aquisition of natural resources
baised on filling a roal in our enviroment.

The society I speak of arises when we determine how they will be able to
provied us with whatever service we should nessesitate.  It should in my
creation resemble the interaction of human society.  This new society of
computers would create system of computation which would embody an algorithm
entirely similar in nature to survival of the fittest.  Through a system of
this enteraction they would provide us with the strong where we need the
strong, the fast where we need the fast and the easy to use where we need
the easy to use.

I would love to continue with my thoughts about the subject but I cannont
because I my lunch break is over.  If anybody is interested in contacting an
me, just 18 years old without a college education for a continued discussion
on the matter I can be reached a bigfoot_sighting@hotmail.com

P.S. When I say without a college education that isn't to say I'm uneducated
I spend a great deal of time working with FreeBSD and reading books about OS
development, I really like Operating System Concepts( the book that is ) and
would appriciate suggestions along similar styles of writing.  I also plan
to go to college at some point so I'm not a complete "duffus" by any
standard.

P.P.S I apologize for the ramblings as most of you are professionl people
and I do seem a little out of place.  All I ask for is a simulating
conversation and maybe a chance to learn from the more experianced people
such as yourselves.  Mabye even the chance to write some code in the
presence of such "guru" types!

P.P.P.S

I'm not Worthy, I'm not Worthy ;-)