[unios] The nowadays notorious Lack Of Time

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:27:59 -0400

Anders Petersson wrote:

> I've looked briefly at uniproto.zip, and I feel there's some stuff I want
> to react against, and things I'd need to explain about how I envision
> UniOS. Furthermore, I intend to answer a couple of mails on this mlist and
> do some other related things...
>
> But - and I'm sorry to have to say so - I have no time now, and I won't
> have any time for a few more weeks. I don't know the reasons of you others,
> but _I'm_ not quiet because my interest has worn off.

> I do not, however, find my recent lack of (to UniOS related) work worrying.
> For me, UniOS is a long-term project, and so I don't find time critical.
>
> I just wanted to tell you my POV.

NP, in your own time.  I'm not worried about the lack of posts to the m-list, I
just like to find ways to stir interest.  I recently wrote an article to
OSOpinion, as per your suggestion.  OSOpinion, for those who don't know, is a
fairly popular site for people interested in OS developments.  Hopefully it
will draw more people to the list, which I hope can liven things up a bit.

In case anyone was interested in the current going on's of the project, from my
point of view:

The page automation has hit a bit of a slowdown.  I started doing most of the
automation in Java, which I was warned against.  With the advent of a new and
exciting technology called "databases" I hear this can be done easier than file
I/O  ;)   So all the options are being pursued.

--
 Pat Wendorf