[unios] Announcement!

Alan Grimes alangrimes@starpower.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:35:41 -0700

This is an attempt to get things moving for the Unios@tunes.org project and
specifically my proposal for it. I feel that a formal discussion would benefit
the prototyping effort. Please contribute papers as described below:

This is a Call For Papers for a symposium on Operating System prototype
development. The time and date will not be set untill enough papers have been
submitted. The topics covered will be:

-Prototype Development platform selection.

-Language selection.

-Development Environment selection.

The problems I would like addressed are how to go about implementing a design
prototype that will meet the requirement of 1. modeling the completed final
system. 2. Being written in a high-level (portable) language. and 3. being
modular enough so that it may be used as a scaffolding to support the
development of the final product.

These papers will be published on my website under the names of their respective
authors. The symposium itself will be held in an IRC chat  room. The room will
be moderated for the first few hours with those who have published papers having
the right to speak. Once debate begins to wind down the floor will be opened for
the rest of you to join in.

I would like to welcome the two new names to the list. I hope that they will
continue to show intrest in the project.

I realize that some of you may recieve this twice or want to be taken off this
list just flame me and I'll take care of it... :)