[LispM] Re: Nevermore

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Fri Oct 14 09:35:40 PDT 2005

nyef at lisphacker.com wrote:

>There was. At unlamda.com under previous management. The archive page is
>404, but linked from the E3 page on unlambda. I think that kappa may still
>be out there somewhere, or I have a mostly-complete (maybe an
>entirely-complete) archive.

Ah.  I took over the domain unlambda.com and tried to reconstruct the
site as best I could.  Both Al Kossow and I ask for a tar of the old
site but didn't get one...  To bad - I would have been more than happy
to host the archive and mailing list.

If anyone has an archive or knows where one is, please let me know.

also, I think kappa is gone or in storage.

>Looks good. The description is a touch outdated, but that's probably my
>fault (you ripped it from the README, which I need to update).

I did - hope that's ok.  I'll post anything you write (well, most
anything :-)

>I do notice the lack of links back to the main page of the site from
>anywhere. Makes navigation a little harder than it might be.

mmm... I noticed that too this morning but 'work' got in the way.  I'll
fix it.

>Heh. That might come in handy once we get down to nailing down the edge
>conditions on the CPU and writing up some docs. We can figure out what's up
>with the 33rd bit on the ALU, for example. Maybe come up with some tests to
>check the behavior of the ALU (since, ah, the EXPT tests only test one ALU
>instruction).

Funny you should mention that 33rd bit.  I had some "issues" with that
recently and finally (duh) went back and started looking at the real
hardware...  working on the verilog version has been fun.  I suspect
that there is another latent bug (in usim) when rotating the results of
the ALU, but I have never looked into it (but will).

btw: what's a hummingbird?  is there a taxonomy of explorer
internal/external names somewhere?

-brad