[LispM] Genera 8.3 Mouse Input Editing

Doug F doug-lispmlist at dpf.cc
Sun Jun 19 21:04:08 PDT 2016

Hello all,

ams helped me out with this, and so I thought I'd share my learning. Here's how I was able to swap the mouse button mappings.

Source: sys:dynamic-windows;dynamic-input.lisp

(dw::initialize-mouse-char-tables
  '((#\mouse-l :select)
    (#\mouse-m :describe :select-and-edit)
    (#\mouse-r :menu)))

You can change those around and make the mouse buttons do different things. It seems only to help on newly launched processes though, but I don't entirely get it yet. But, it's a start.

As to the Keyboard:

The unreliable left control key works most of the time if I push it down just the right way (with a lot of sideways pressure). So, I'm not sure if the hall effect switch sensor is bad or the little magnet has moved, or what, but I guess the sensor is probably not bad. The unreliable left super key is unreliable regardless of what I do. I can get it to work once every 100 attempts.

Alfred, how would you suggest I use IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) to clean the keyboard? I haven't used it in the past. I do have standard contact cleaner. I assume you mean the inner mechanisms. Dunk the whole thing? Spray liberally? I cleaned the mouse with contact cleaner by spraying some on and brushing with an old toothbrush.

Cheers,

Doug