various thoughts

Richard Coleman coleman@math.gatech.edu
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 02:40:32 -0400

> The advantage of Hurd would be that one could always fall back to a
> Unix-compatible development environment.  The advantage of both Hurd
> Guile would be that there would be a somewhat reliable following of
> people interesting in maintaining the code.

Hmm... I really like this idea....

Instead of trying to build the whole thing... maybe just build a
lispOS "personality" for the Hurd...

That is very convenient, since (as you say) you always have the
standard Hurd environment (whatever that will be) to fall back on.

But I haven't look at any of the Hurd snapshots yet, so I don't know
the feasibility of this.

It's something to think about, anyway...

rc