First proposal: what should LispOS feel like?

Chris Hanson chanson@mcs.com
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:30:47 -0500

At 5:52 PM -0500 4/29/97, Mike McDonald wrote:
>  Not me! I want access to everything on the system. I hate annoying
>machines that think they can protect me from myself. Their
>"protection" just gets in my way.

Just log in as "Administrator" or whatever then, and give that user rights
to do everything on your system.  I tend to think access control and
authentication are necessary evils in today's world.

(Though by all means "permission bits" and the concept of "root" should go
away.  ACLs are where it's at, along with specific rights for
administrative users.  Imagine an ISP that only wants to give "add user"
rights instead of "do anything anywhere" rights to the highschoolers hired
into day-to-day admin tasks...)