ITS approach to system calls

Reginald S. Perry perry@zso.dec.com
Sun, 01 Jun 1997 11:45:15 -0700

>"ET" == ET  <emergent@eval-apply.com> writes:

> As a side note, the Lisp Machine handled interrupted system calls by
> saving the state of the microcode in the stack group that was
> interrupted.  This has a few negative consequences:

Speaking of stack groups, could someone on the list either talk about
or give some references to stack groups. I am interested in possible
performance comparisons on multiple processors to current thread
implementations like Solaris LWP or Digital Unix pthreads. Dual
pentium boxes are in the range of affordability now and I have been
thinking about getting on just to play with some of this stuff.

-Reggie

Reginald S. Perry                      e-mail: perry@zso.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation
Performance Manager Group
http://www.UNIX.digital.com/unix/sysman/perf_mgr/

The train to Success makes many stops in the state of Failure.