Why [not] X?

Gilbert Baumann gilbert@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
23 May 1997 09:27:03 +0200

cwg@DeepEddy.Com writes:

> On Thu, 22 May 1997 15:33:17 CDT Jordan Henderson wrote:
>
> Let's just try to learn the lesson not to repeat the mistakes of these sup
> erior but unsuccessful technologies.  Those mistakes are largely (but not
> entirely) political, but we should still not make them.
>
> I believe it is important to be able to (a) bring up LispOS windows on an X
> display and (b) to bring up Unix windows on an LispOS display.  If we provide
> these abilities on top of a superior architecture, that's great, but let's not
> forget that we need to be able to interoperate.

100% my opinion. This should lower the barrier to actually use a
LispOS machine in a unix surrounding. If you are totally incompatible
with the rest of the world you isolate yourself and only people like
us, who are religious about Lisp would use the LispOS. I want the
LispOS be used by more than a hundred people.

Gilbert