MIT 6.001

Chris Bitmead chrisb@Ans.Com.Au
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:49:41 +0000

> Even though it isn't lisp, the scheme shell scsh is probably to way to go.
> I've often thought of rewriting the init scripts in scsh to make a more
> lispish system, but the extent of the task has prevented me from
> undertaking it.

I believe there is a Guile scheme port of scsh, and Guile supports
readline, as well as emacs integration I believe. Also there is a Guile
window manager and integration with the Gtk X11 toolkit.

As for Scheme vs Lisp, I hadn't heard that LispOS had settled on one or
the other. Perhaps in some peoples minds :-). Being a vapour-ware
project I could just as easily argue we had settled on C++ :-) :-)