Two Kernels: Sync/Async [pem00]

Gary D. Duzan duzan@udel.edu
Mon, 24 May 93 07:03:57 -0400

In Message <9305240840.AA13661@sc.zib-berlin.dbp.de> ,
   Peter Mueller <mueller@sc.zib-berlin.de> wrote:

=>What I want to express was, that in future versions it should be possible to
=>choose the appropriate kernel, either sync or async. And I still don't see
=>any reasons for not doing so. Providing 'two' kernels will maybe lead to a
=>more flexible and user-friendly kernel.
=>
   Then you want to have both synchronous and asynchronous primitives
in the kernel API, implementing one over the other. Right?

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts