Name suggestion for a 'new' list

Paul Dufresne dufrp@oricom.ca
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:32:16 -0400

Well, I am not sure if I want a new list or simply change the name
of this list. I think what I want is a new list.

I was thinking that even os-meet or os-techies is to narrow minded
for the kind of list I'd like to see.

I came to think of 'brainstorm@tunes.org'.

What do you think of it?

The way I see it, this list would become the main place where
discussion would happen. When a topic would really seems to be
tunes-like, it would be move on tunes. This would be good for
tunes because it would help them to decide if a sub-project is
sufficiently Tunes-like to be called tunes. If the tunes list
don't kick a topic on brainstorm, then it have to be called
Tunes.

Well, I want the right to talk of Tunes on brainstorm, even if it is
not limited to Tunes. The only thing I am wondering is if I should
consider that speeking of how cold winter can be here in Canada should
be considered off-topic for brainstorm. I suggest that nothing should
be off-topic for brainstorm. I suppose that the fact that this list
is homed on Tunes and it is frequented by people that like to discuss
about OS and programming languages will keep people interested to talk
about numerology out of the list,
even if officially, this should not be considered off-topic.

There is a point that should be clarify on brainstorm. This list is
likely to have some flamewar going on. Personnaly, I would like these
to happen, because I find that most people seems to have problems
expressing opinions by fear of making flame-war. I'd like to see
opinions, and I think that people that are'nt able to tolerate
some bad critics on them should keep away of the Internet. I would
be surprised if flame-war would make traffic on brainstorm too high,
since we are really just a few people.