File support

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Sun Nov 3 22:53:14 PST 2002

Some short news:

File support is now working properly, with some protocol changes which
have been detailed in the reference manual that has been posted to the web
site, but not entered into CVS except in its source form. (Contributors,
don't update the web site for the next few days without letting me know,
until I get the manual to another final point of release.)

FileStreams are not yet working. When they are, I'll post another update.
I'm focussed at the moment on getting ready for OOPSLA, and there are
still a lot of changes before we can make an actual release. Most
significantly, we need to drop the existing interpreter. This seems to be
possible in December. Until then, I'll be adjusting the libraries with
your input and the feedback of OOPSLA attendees.

mailto:water at tunes.org