210 errors on prims.lisp, old interpreter don't work anymore!

Paul Dufresne dufrp at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 07:47:50 PDT 2003

Lee said:
>Hmmm, it should be working. Are you loading slate2.lisp or are you
>trying to load the files individually?

Well, I am on Windows, and clisp is installed to automatically compile .lisp
files
to .fas and .lib.  I did not know how to get it working in the interpreter.

But I did copy lispinit.mem inside slate directory, then executed
lispinit.mem.
>From there, I execute (load "slate2.lisp") and guess what:
It work!, hm... almost:

Slate 1> 5 * 5.

WARNING :
variable CURRENTMETHOD is not used.
Misspelled or missing IGNORE declaration?
WARNING :
variable CURRENTBLOCK is not used.
Misspelled or missing IGNORE declaration?25
Slate 2> True.

WARNING :
variable CURRENTMETHOD is not used.
Misspelled or missing IGNORE declaration?
WARNING :
variable CURRENTBLOCK is not used.
Misspelled or missing IGNORE declaration?True

See, the 25 and True are there, but you have to ignore the messages in your
head.

' src/init.slate' works, but you have to ignore sooo manyyy of these, that
it is slow.

So, there is 2 problems, these warnings in interpreter mode.
and the previous 210 errors on prims.lisp, when compiling (I guess for you
clisp -c prims.lisp).