Invalid image header in little.image

Adde adde at trialcode.com
Sun Apr 24 11:39:35 PDT 2005

Brian Rice wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Apr 24, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Adde wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>> Saw the new release and decided to try it out, following the tutorial
>> on the site i tried to execute:
>> ./vm little.image in the build directory and got the follow error:
>> 'Slate: little.image: Invalid image header'.
>> I tried ./vm big.image instead and that worked so i guess it's no big
>> deal but thought that you'd wan't to know.
>

> As stated in the README, the "big" and "little" refer to your
> platform's endianness. That said, we could use a better image-header
> parser. :) What we have right now is the Simplest Thing That Could
> Possibly Work.
>
>> Now, on to trying to make emacs behave  ;)
>> /Adde
>

> http://slate.tunes.org:8080/wiki/23 is a tad out of date but should
> provide some hints (ironically I don't seem to need the "inspector"
> any more - by now it's a toy that's overshadowed by the built-in
> introspection and REPL tools).
>
> --
> Brian T. Rice
> LOGOS Research and Development
> http://tunes.org/~water/

Ok, now i'm with you again, I was on to something about slimmed down
images vs. full images after following recent traffic on the squeak list.
One thing that led me in that direction though was that big.image also
gave me an error in -current:
The following condition was signaled:
The method #here was not found for the following arguments:
{(traitsWindow. prototypes. globals. Mixins. Types. VM)}

No restarts are available.
Debug:

/Adde