Alpha updated

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Tue Feb 1 18:32:29 PST 2005

These features are now available in the bootstrap set of sources/images.

Note that if these are installed on the system path (eg via "make
install"), then running with the initial image must be performed in the
root of your Slate source path, otherwise the post-bootstrap load:
calls will fail. This is a foreseen shortcoming and we'll try to
address it.

Other features/fixes:
SmallInteger is checked for now in primitives wherever an Integer is
required, since BigInteger support at that level is prohibitive
currently. This includes array accesses and creation and forwardTo:
calls.
The stable merge-sort is in, and there are various fixes in the
libraries.