DLL access on Windows

Todd Fleming todd at flemingcnc.com
Sun Jan 9 12:13:47 PST 2005

Here's a quick summary of the Windows console.

The console has 2 modes -- normal and quickedit. It sounds like you're
using quickedit mode, which is what I use. To copy text, select it using
the mouse and hit enter. To paste text, click the right mouse button. To
scroll through command history, use the up and down arrow keys.
Unfortunately the console doesn't know where a Slate command begins and
ends, so it treats each line as a command. The Console passes ctrl keys
to the application.

In normal mode the console passes most mouse events to the application,
except for the right mouse button, which brings up a context menu. The
properties option in the console's system menu has an option to switch
between modes. It also lets you set a default for new console windows.
To see a good example of a console application that handles the mouse,
switch to normal mode and type "edit" and the OS command prompt.

I'm using XP with SP2. The DLL example I posted works for me.

Make sure that your source files and little.image are compatible with
each other; you can't mix versions with the type of change I made. The
following will get new copies that are compatible with each other:

C:\slate>cvs -q up
C:\slate>make get-alpha
C:\slate>copy vm.* slatevm.*

Rebuild then try the DLL example again.