Renaming newEmpty/newSize: to new &capacity:

Brian T. Rice water at tunes.org
Mon Jan 17 17:07:24 PST 2005

Hello,

This is a quick notification of a change, and a poll as to whether this
suggested renaming has any objections - I am considering altering the
collection protocol so that #newEmpty and #newSize: will just be keyword
variations on a method #new, the keyword being "capacity" since size is a
misnomer.

This has been under consideration for a long time, and we can keep the old
methods in the image for another sub-point release for convenience, but it
will require a full bootstrap and a ton of selector replacements in the
source code (this is not hard, but can be a nuisance for contributors).

Any comments/suggestions?