New site look / organization

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jan 20 02:03:58 PST 2005

On Jan 19, 2005, at 10:15 PM, Donovan Preston wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2005, at 7:42 PM, Brian Rice wrote:
>> Thanks to a lot of CSS hacking and tweaking, and a lot of great help
>> from IRC channel regulars reporting browser issues and making fixes,
>> I've developed a new look for the site, with sections split into
>> separate pages. Also, the overview now has more of a sales-pitch feel
>> to it to kind of be less technical/dry and more motivational (I'll
>> probably regret it, of course, attracting some kind of downloading
>> stampede ;).
>>
>> Anyway, check out http://slate.tunes.org/ and let me know what else
>> you'd like done with it.
>
> It looks absolutely great. Here's my feedback:
>
> Put a news item about the look of the site being updated :-) People
> like it when the datestamps on project pages are fairly recent.

Good idea! This is done now.

> I'd really like it if there were a commits-list that was web
> browsable, preferably with an rss feed, but this is more of a
> technical issue than a look and feel one.

There is a CVS2RSS package which I have wanted to use; I'll try to make
time to get it in-use. Of course, I've also wanted to use a more
capable system like DARCS, but I forget if there is an RSS-feed
generator for it yet. Also, the Windows port of it is not yet quite
stable enough the last I heard; someone please correct me if possible.