Directory bug on Windows

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Fri May 20 14:41:59 PDT 2005

First, please report build problems separately and as soon as you see
them. The faster we know about these issues, the fewer people will
have to deal with them.

On May 20, 2005, at 2:13 PM, Bill Sun wrote:

> Bryn, how did you compiled the VM?
>
> With the latest VM compiled using VC++ 2005 beta, I
> couldn't even do the bootstraping, as the console will
> get stuck at the growing heap part in the beginning.
> Without any errors, it just says "Slate: Growing heap
> to 48xxxx bytes." and just stays there.
>
> As an alternative, I was trying to use MinGW/MSys to
> compile the source, but the instructions on the MinGW
> installation seems out of date as the config file
> looks different from what's currently in the
> repository.  After involking the "make" command, I am
> getting an error saying it can't find gcc, I think
> that's because its using a *nix path, but I don't know
> where to change that.

configure.in in the root directory has all of the build settings for
*nix platforms (mostly at the end). It is read automatically when
using make. You'll see there that gcc just has to be in the current
path - there's no hardcoded location assumption.