Slate wiki ported to MediaWiki

Brian Templeton bpt at tunes.org
Sat Sep 3 00:42:30 PDT 2005

Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> writes:

> Are there any ideas/suggestions in particular on what to do with it?

The "Wiki" link on the static site still points to the Swiki.

It'd probably be a good idea to use clean URLs, without the
"index.php" cruft:
  <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Eliminating_index.php_from_the_url>
Bespin has .htaccess support disabled, so if you want to do this, use
the mod_rewrite based solution.

It might be nice to skin the Wiki so it looks similar to the static
site; either the same design or something that is recognizably similar
to the static site's design. If you think that's a good idea, and
nobody else wants to do it, I could try "porting" s.t.o's design to
MediaWiki, though I probably wouldn't get around to it immediately. (I
haven't found any good documenation on MediaWiki skins yet, but there
are some plain XHTML skins that could be good starting points.)

--
              bpt <bpt at tunes.org> http://bpt.tunes.org/
  (let((!'(let((!'?))(subst !(intern"?")!)))) (subst !(intern"?")!))