Trouble getting slate gui started from instructions

Timmy Douglas timmy+slate at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 5 17:44:06 PDT 2006

Brian Rice <water at tunes.org> writes:

> Second, windows.slate starts with "ensureNamespace: #Windows ..."
> which conflicts with a new REPL feature where the implicit context
> is another namespace that delegates to the lobby, not the lobby
> itself (part of an attempt to make persistent REPL workspaces).
>
> I have uploaded a patch that fixes this (to "lobby ensureNamespace:
> #Windows ..." and cleans up some other code in the same file. Let me
> know if that works.

ok i got the darcs main repos and rebuilt it and:

timmy at main ~/src/slate/slate/main $ ./vm -i sdl.image
Slate: Growing heap to 9465396 bytes.
Nil
Slate 1> repl noviceMode: False.
False
Slate 2> load: 'src/plugins/sdl-windows/windows.slate'.
Library slate-windows was successfully loaded.
Nil
Slate 3> load: 'src/plugins/cairo/cairo.slate'.
Library slate-cairo was successfully loaded.
The following condition was signaled:
The method #formats was not found for the following arguments:
{lobby}

The following restarts are available:
0)      Abort evaluation of expression
1)      Quit Slate

Enter 'help.' for instructions.
Debug [0..1]: frame.
[defaultHandler]

Anonymous arguments:
0: ("MethodNotFound" handlers: {}. exitContinuation: [(arity: 1)]. returnContinuation: [(arity: 1)].
    message: ("Message" ...))