Site repository status(es)

Timmy Douglas timmy+slate at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 18 17:03:55 PDT 2006

"Brian T. Rice" <water at tunes.org> writes:

> So, to that end, how about I set up "stable" vs "unstable" vs "???"? Would
> removing the main/alpha branches once these are set up (and described on
> the website) annoy too many people in the wrong way? Is there something
> else I should do entirely?
>
> I want to fix Slate on the limited time/attention I have right now, and I
> don't care how much change/compromise it takes to do that, so please speak
> your minds.

Well, from my point of view (which is probably limited by the fact
that I haven't maintained any projects before), I think slate is
already 'unstable' enough in the sense that it won't be usable to the
general public for a fair amount of time. For this reason I think it's
enough that there is just one branch, main, and then someone would tar
up the darcs file and make a static link somewhere for people to play
with. If there's just one branch, I think it will be easier to stop
the random breakages... but I don't really know from experience. I
think most users that want to play with it don't want to fool with
checking out a darcs repository even though they are becoming more
common nowadays.