The future of AKOS

Anders Petersson bineng@bespin.dhs.org
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:43:04 +0200

At 1999-10-23 , you wrote:
>I can see that the future of AKOS is not very great, unless we get
>something done.
>I suggest that we start doing two things(we are actually doing them, but
>I will try to point it out):
>
>1) Make that d*mn demo. The way I have understood it, this is supposed
>to be done by beholder and myself

Nothing hard, just a proof-of-concept or something.

>2) Develop the specification for the final AKOS. This is done by binEng
>right now. (Probably by Beholder too, but not by me ;), I keep out of it
>right now)

Apart from an interruption from school, I'm glad to say that it's coming
forward.

>I know that there is nothing new in this split, but I just want to be
>sure that this is the way we want to do it.

Every initiative is a good initiative.

>Back to the demo; I suggest that the demo will be a simple client/server
>architecture and simple graphics, all done in python (I think there are
>some python widgetsets for GUI's).

Graphics is not required for the purpose of the demo. For me you can go
without graphics if that'd make it easier for you.

>I hope that we can get the demo done before too long...

That goes without saying.

binEng