Retro: Intend to continue serial driver

Paul Dufresne dufrp@oricom.ca
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 06:29:25 -0400

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 10:38:10PM -0400, Tom Novelli wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 09:52:11PM -0400, Paul Dufresne wrote:
> of cake.  I'm gonna change the I/O words a little:
>
> 	You originally added:
> 	IOR	( port -- byte )
> 	IOW	( port byte -- )
>
> 	I'm changing it to:
> 	INB	( port -- byte )
> 	OUTB	( byte port -- )
> 	INW	( port -- word )
> 	OUTW	( word port -- )
> 	IND	( port -- dword )
> 	OUTD	( dword port -- )
>
> 	Also INSB, OUTSB, INSW, OUTSW, INSD, OUTSD, something like this:
> 	INSB	( count address port -- )

I remember I tried to use similar names the first time but had conflicts
with... with... nasm opcode I suppose, or was it with some macros.
Only then did I came with these less natural names.

> > I updated retro yesterday. I got some messages saying some files had
> > become obsolete but I don't know if cvs erase them or if there is
> > a command to get rid of these obsolete files.
>
> Do you still have kernel/ide.asm?  That's one of the obsolete files (the new
> code is in ide.inc).

no, only ide.inc. great!

> > Also, I tried to do a make but I got this:
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target '../fonts/gr8x8.psf', needed by
> > 'boot.bin'.
> > As a matter of fact I don't have the fonts directory.
>
> Dammit, I hate CVS!!  Hmmm, let's see.. this happened before.  You need to
> add the -d flag to get new directories, like this:
> 	cvs update -d
> We could just use rsync instead... who needs version tracking anyway? :)
> Or maybe RCS for version tracking, and rsync for transfers.
You'll probably not like it much more if I say you that this morning
I cannot get neither retro neither Tunes because of:
Connection closed by foreign host. (before asking my password)
I even tried an anonymous cvs login rather than using tcvs
from my .zshrc but it gave me:
cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server cvs.tunes.org: Connection reset by
peer

hum, maybe later it will work.

Paul