moosetunespiosjoy: clarification needed

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@clipper
Fri, 2 Dec 94 0:07:46 MET

> Did you get a chance to read the most recent incarnation of the charter
> (a la JVS).  I think it looks really good and should be adopted.  What do
> you say?
It looks fie to me.

>>> Also, who is the coordinator ?
>> You ? I ? someone else ?
>
> If we go with the simplified new charter I would be more than happy to
> take on that responsibility.
Well, you know my opinion about that. Please be our main coordinator.
Please also create the following subjects:

* Low-level language/implementations
  * LLL semantics
  * object file format
  * local memory management (persistence, garbage collection, security)
  * POSIX-based impl.
  * i386 based impl.
* High-level language/specifications
  * typing semantics
* Distribution
  * communication protocol
  * scheduling
  * security/recovery
  * distributed memory management (persistence, garbage collection, security)
* Documentation
  * documentation format & conventions
  * documentation tools
  * comparison with other system software
* User Interface
  * basic abstractions
  * integration to high-level language
  * automatic adaptation to terminal capability
  * layout manager

> Last of all, what do you feel about the name?  Let me know which ones you
> like/dislike or any new ones you'd like to field.  The name has become a
> sore point for some.
I don't really care about the name. If we can't settle for a new name,
why not keep the existing ones until we have some concrete specifications
or code running; then, we can find a name that suits what we have...

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
MOOSE project member. OSL developper.                     |   |   /
Dreams about The Universal (Distributed) Database.       --- --- //
Snail mail: 6, rue Augustin Thierry 75019 PARIS FRANCE   /|\ /|\ //
Phone: 033 1 42026735                                    /|\ /|\ /