Intro post, and response to archives...

Francois-Rene Rideau fare@tunes.org
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 01:13:59 +0200

Dear Dave,

> Recently I've decided that too many of my ideas have started to
> collide with ideas in the Tunes concept, and that it's time to join
> the list, so here I am.
Welcome among Tunesers. I hope my writings against microkernels
don't hurt your VSTa feelings.

> Besides, I'm tired of trying to convince
> Linux, KDE, Gnome, UNIX, etc developers that the fitire isn't sitting
> inside /etc/footab, or at the end of some new environment variable.
They are brainwashed people think that walking sideways is natural,
because they've had to do it all life long.

Note about "naturalness" of manually managed persistence:
Reminds me of my mother inserting hundreds of book in a database,
and switching the computer off after her first (long) night of work.
Next day, there were cries.

> Sometime in the near future I'll try to write up a concise description
> of what overlap and gaps occur between the ideas I've come up with
> over the last several years, and the things you all have been talking
> about on the Tunes list...after I get through more of the archives.
We're looking forward to it!
And don't forget the old HTML pages, either!

## Faré | VN: Уng-Vû Bân   | Join the TUNES project!  http://www.tunes.org/ ##
## FR: François-René Rideau |    TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System     ##
## Reflection&Cybernethics  | Project for a Free Reflective Computing System ##
Science is a process based on an attitude of logic, imagination and doubt.