Don't read: foo.c solution.

Tril dem@tunes.org
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 01:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Christopher Barry wrote:

> I don't understand how your foo.c program doesn't require pregeneration.
> The output it generates looks almost nothing like the source, and
> produces the exact same byte-for-byte output of the program I posted,
> very interestingly, down to my strict ANSI/ISO conforming programming
> style and usage of tabs where most others use spaces and everything
> else, though in your email to me with the attached foo.zip you indicated
> that you came up with it totally on your own without outside help.

You must be looking at a different program.  My foo.c is 321 bytes, and
outputs the exact same 321 bytes.  It's not the same as yours at all.  You
use a for() loop to print an array of characters which are stored one per
line in the source.  I used a totally different approach: Representation
of the entire program as a printf format specifier, with one of the
variables being formatted as the specifier itself.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>